Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sunrise Recipes. Alternative to eating beef steak.
- 1 (350 g) package extra firm tofu
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- flour (for coating)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 green onion, finely minced
- Cut tofu in half horizontally.
- Add Salt and pepper.
- Coat with flour, remove excess.
- Heat skillet with oil, until hot.
- Fry tofu until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove and place on a serving platter.
- Mix sauce ingrediants together, set aside.
- Saute garlic in marg, till brown.
- Add sauce and boil.
- Pour over tofu and serve.
So good, it's crispy, flavourful, and easy. The only thing I changed is I used white onions and sautéed them before adding then to the sauce