Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
When you mix puree'd fruit and tofu you get a thick amazingly smooth and delicious pudding like mixture. Adjust the flavouring carefully top with some toasted flaked almonds and you have a popular, cholesterol free almost instant dessert.
- 175 -250 g fresh apricots or 175 -250 g strawberries or 175 -250 g bananas or 175 -250 g drained canned fruit
- 250 -300 g tofu
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Chop the fruit into a food precessor or blender.
- Process until it forms a fairly smooth puree'.
- Crumble in the tofu and process for about a minute, until very smooth, before gradually adding enough orange juice or wine and water to thin the mixture to the consistency you want.
- Add sugar to taste. Add the vanilla.
- Serve immediately or refridgerate.