1/1 Photo of Tofu Fried Rice (from Cooking Light)
A superfast and healthy recipe, one of the greatest hits from the Sept 2004 issue of Cooking Light. The flavors are very mild and the dish is a good way to add some tofu to your diet. I've also made this with lean boneless pork or chicken. I think instant rice is an abomination so I take a little extra time to make the real thing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml uncooked instant rice
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil, divided
- 396.89 g package reduced-fat firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 236.59 ml green onion, in 1/2 inch slices
- 236.59 ml frozen peas and carrot, thawed
- 9.85 ml bottled minced garlic
- 4.92 ml bottled minced fresh ginger
- 29.58 ml sake (rice wine) or 14.79 ml rice wine vinegar
- 44.37 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 14.79 ml hoisin sauce
- 2.46 ml dark sesame oil
- thinly sliced green onion (optional)
- 1Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2While rice cooks, heat 1 T vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add tofu; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- 4Remove from pan.
- 5Add eggs to pan; cook 1 minute or until done, breaking eggs into small pieces.
- 6Remove from pan.
- 7Add 1 T vegetable oil to pan.
- 8Add 1 c onions, peas and carrots, garlic and ginger; saute 2 minutes.
- 9While vegetable mixture cooks, combine sake, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil.
- 10Add cooked rice to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 11Add tofu, egg and soy sauce mixture; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- 12Garnish with sliced green onions if desired.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Fried Rice (from Cooking Light)
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.0
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.8 mg
- Sodium 586.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat firm tofu