Recipe by Elcowgirl
I haven't made these yet, but I'm interested in how they will turn out...
Top Review by ShortieNJ
wow...i'm keeping this recipe - i love french toast, but, i always feel like there's no nutrition to it - i left out the oil and salt in the tofu mixture...and ate the french toast with no toppings, and it was even good that way (just a slight tofu after taste)
- 250 g regular tofu, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup non-dairy milk substitute or 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, to your taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- grain bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingredients, but the bread in your blender or food processor.
- Heat a frying pan on medium-high, adding a little oil to keep French toast from sticking.
- Dip the bread in the tofu mixture until well-coated but not soggy and place a couple of dipped slices in the hot pan.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Make sure that before cooking each batch of French toast you add a little more oil to the pan.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.