Recipe by lauralie41
A decadent pasta recipe that replaces the cream with tofu to make this dish a welcome addition to a healthy diet. This recipe was posted in a newsletter from a popular weight loss tracking website.
Top Review by Winnipeg
LOVED IT!!! Thank yo uso much for posting this recipe. I did add a full roasted garlic and mushrooms with tons of parsley and basil. I don't think I would have known it was tofu if I didn't put it in myself. HUSBAND APPROVED!!!! (Although I have a very tolerent husband who will try anything.)
- 2 cups fettuccine pasta
- 12 ounces soft silken tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling water cook pasta until just tender, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Place drained tofu, garlic, both cheeses, olive oil, and onion powder into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, pour in soy mixture and warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta, place on platter or bowl and toss with warmed alfredo sauce.