Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A decadent pasta recipe that replaces the cream with tofu to make this dish a welcome addition to a healthy diet. This recipe was posted in a newsletter from a popular weight loss tracking website.
- 2 cups fettuccine pasta
- 12 ounces soft silken tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of boiling water cook pasta until just tender, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Place drained tofu, garlic, both cheeses, olive oil, and onion powder into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, pour in soy mixture and warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta, place on platter or bowl and toss with warmed alfredo sauce.
LOVED IT!!! Thank yo uso much for posting this recipe. I did add a full roasted garlic and mushrooms with tons of parsley and basil. I don't think I would have known it was tofu if I didn't put it in myself. HUSBAND APPROVED!!!! (Although I have a very tolerent husband who will try anything.)
A quick and delicious recipe. I used all Parmesan cheese and it still turned out great! Thanks for a low fat version of a family favorite :)
I made this because vegetarian DD loves alfredo and I have had good luck using silken tofu in other blender recipes. I was pleased with how easy it was to prepare, however, it was not popular with our family. We tried adding more parmesan at the table, which helped. Everybody ate it, but they don't want me to make it again.