Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this on www.healthy-quick-meals.com but I haven't made it in awhile. I'd like to make it again (I remember it as being easy and yummy) and wanted to keep the recipe in a safe place!
- 16 saltine crackers
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 lb firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (can use tamari, or ponzu)
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease pie plate.
- Crush 8 of the saltines and spread in bottom of pie plate.
- Saute onion in skillet until soft.
- Spread in pie plate.
- Crumble tofu over onions.
- Sprinkle soy sauce over tofu.
- Stir gently.
- Crumble feta cheese over tofu.
- Pour in water, and stir gently.
- Sprinkle apple juice over top of pie to moisten slightly.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden.
- (***optional could add some chopped green onions, garlic, basil, etc -- ***).
I would call this more of a ghoulash - it did not really hold together as a pie or quiche. The taste was good - the saltiness of the feta masks the blandness of tofu. I added fresh shredded basil on top to give it more color. Felt like it could use more veggies and more color.