A good eggless tofu salad that is great in sandwiches or on it's own in a lettuce cup. Trader Joe's sells a good vegan mayonnaise, or you could use a soy yogurt but it will be more tangy. The nutritional yeast gives it a cheesy flavor. Another great recipe from Just the Food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu (pressed, drained and cubed or crumbled)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dill
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika (smoked paprika is good too)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise (vegannaise)
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard (French's recommended or use whole grain mustard if you like)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Place oil, onion and garlic in a skillet on medium high heat . Saute until fragrant, 3-5 minutes.
- 2Add tofu (cut into tiny little 1/4 inch cubes or crumbled) and saute 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- 3Reduce heat add spices and nutritional yeast. Fold until well coated, remove from heat and let cool.
- 4Once cool, add mayonnaise and mustard. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- 6Serve on sprouted grain bread, in a whole grain tortilla, or on a bed of greens. Makes enough filling for 8 wraps or sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Egg Salad
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.1
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 104.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.2 g