1/3 Photos of Tofu Dream Pudding and Pie Filling
Chef #208121's Note:
PLEASE read the notes before trying this recipe. Using the correct product it makes a lovely pudding pie filling. If you are unsure of tofu or have not worked with it or want to try it, please feel free to visit our Vegetarian forum on zaar. You will get some wonderful information
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1IMPORTANT NOTES ADDED:.
- 2The tofu called for here is asceptic tofu NOT waterpacked tofu. One brand is Mori-Nu. AGAIN: It will NOT work with Waterpacked [tofu packed in water] also called cotton. It will NOT work with firm waterpack tofu. The texture and the taste will change because the medium will change. An example of the correct tofu is: http://www.morinu.com/ Please feel free to visit the Vegetarian forum and ask if you aren't sure. We don't bite. Honest but we do have great ways to make stuff taste even better. I host there so you can ask anytime. As to the Almond, add a bit, taste and add more. Don't add all at once. You may need less than we use because brands vary. [Do the same with other flavorings too] Also I have added chocolate extract. It does well with that in place of the Almond.
- 3Simply blend your tofu, cocoa, sugar or Splenda, vanilla in a food processor or blender until smooth and well blended.
- 4You have pudding. Add to your favorite shell or eat as a pudding. Can be used in parfaits also. Layer pudding, fruit, pudding, fruit. garnish with fruit slices and a mint leaf or two or almond slices.
- 5NOTE 24.6 ounces is two standard packages for me. It does seem to "grab" the sweet of sugar to me so I use less. I also find it works very well with Splenda. Those with a sweet tooth may want to tweak that. Simply add the 1/4 and taste. Then add to your taste. Syrups such as honey, maple syrup and Kings Molasses have been used but I personally wasn't pleased with it. However tastes may vary. Also note it MUST BE FIRM SILKEN. IT CANNOT BE WATERPACKED [can be low fat, organic or regular]. Soft is for smoothies and Cotton or waterpacked is for other methods.
- 6I never thought to add this. Be careful what cocoa powder you use. The tofu is going to grab the taste. IF it is a chalky type you are going to have chalky tofu pudding. Nothing in the pudding mix will 'hide' that. Remember this has no milk to 'mute' the cocoa taste.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Dream Pudding and Pie Filling
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 43.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g