1 hr 30 mins
Mmmm Tasty's Note:
This is a (vegetarian) variant of the Chicken Divan created by Louis Diat of the Ritz Hotel in New York during the '20s and '30s. It's delicious, different, and a complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place rice evenly in a baking pan, about 12" by 8".
- 2Chop tofu into triangles or 1/2" cubes and saute in vegetable oil with the minced garlic.
- 3Steam or boil broccoli.
- 4Arrange tofu, garlic, and broccoli over the rice.
- 5For Sauce Divan, melt the butter in a small saucepan, then mix in the flour, creating a roux.
- 6Add the cheese, and stir until you get a smooth sauce, then stir in the curry powder.
- 7Pour the sauce over the rice, tofu, and broccoli.
- 8Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Divan
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.7
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 205.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 17.0 g