Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and quick to make. Great with raw veggies. We also had this on grilled salmon. A keeper.
- 14 ounces silken tofu or 14 ounces soft tofu
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- salt & pepper
- Using paper towels, blot excess water from tofu.
- Break up the tofu and put into food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend till smooth.
- Refrigerate in a container with a tight lid.
- Stir or shake before serving.
I've made this twice now. I'm always looking for recipes using tofu. The first time I made it I thought it must be missing something so added some other ingredients to give it a lift but after about two hours the flavors really melded. I used only 1/4 cup olive oil because who needs more oil and from another review I figured it would turn out okay without it. The second time I made this without all my superfluous ingredients (but still with less oil) and let it sit 2 hours before serving. It had plenty of flavor but was not a huge hit at our house. Thanks for posting, I'll keep experimenting with it.
Wow!!This was great. Thank you so much. I only used 1/3 cup of the olive oil and was also a little short on the lime juice but it came out excellent. Thanks Again.
I'm vegetarian so I'm always looking for a good sip. This is it. Even the non-veggie pals of mine loved it. Thank you!!