Recipe by sparkleistheone
This recipe is so quick and easy to make, yet it adds a wonderfully tasty protein to many of my vegetarian meals. Add some steamed brown rice and sauteed broccoli with garlic for a filling and delicious meal in minutes!
Top Review by Sealy
I made this in a flash! It was so quick and easy. I love that warm eggy taste of the nutritional yeast. This is a great quickie recipe for those moments when you are tired of tofu the same old way that you are making it! Nutritional Yeast, I think, is an acquired taste. It's something that is much more appreciated when you're vegan or vegetarian and you don't get an egg taste anywhere else.
- 8 ounces low-fat tofu, drained
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 ounce Braggs liquid aminos
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the low-fat tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices. Set aside.
- Using a non-stick frying pan, spray the pan with olive oil cooking spray and pre-heat pan over a medium heat. (Be careful not to turn the heat up to a high setting because the cooking spray will begin to smoke in the pan - and that's not good).
- Combine the Nutritional Yeast, Curry Powder and Thyme into a plastic sandwich bag with a zip closure and zip and shake to mix the dry ingredients.
- Open the bag and add a tofu slice, seal the bag and shake well to coat completely.
- Remove the coated slice of tofu from the bag using a fork and place it carefully into the heated frying pan.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all of your tofu slices are in the pan.
- While the slices are sauteeing on one side, spritz the slices with the liquid aminos.
- Use a spatula to flip the slices after about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Continue cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes or until uniformly brown.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!