Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
High in protein and low in fat, this punchy curry is just the ticket for fans of tofu.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 jalapeno peppers or 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tofu, diced
- Place the onions, garlic, tomatoes, and ginger together in a saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the onion has softened.
- Add the dried spices, thyme, jalapeno peppers and water (or stock) and simmer over a low heat for about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the tofu and cook for a further 8 minutes. Serve with boiled rice.
Awesome and really easy to prepare!!