Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
High in protein and low in fat, this punchy curry is just the ticket for fans of tofu.
Make and share this Tofu Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 jalapeno peppers or 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tofu, diced
- Place the onions, garlic, tomatoes, and ginger together in a saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the onion has softened.
- Add the dried spices, thyme, jalapeno peppers and water (or stock) and simmer over a low heat for about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the tofu and cook for a further 8 minutes. Serve with boiled rice.