Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Really nice soup without all the fat of real cream.
- 12 ounces silken tofu
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced thick (any type you like, I use button)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine (not from the grocery store)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a large saucepan, saute onions and garlic in olive oil unilt onion is translucent.
- Add mushrooms and thyme, saute 5 minutes.
- Add sherry and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a blender add silken tofu with the water. Blend until smooth.
- Slowly add the blended tofu to the saucepan stirring thoroughly.
- Add soy sauce, salt to taste. cayenne and continue to simmer until mushrooms are tender.
Nice, creamy tasting and satisfying. I will make it again.