Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I got this recipe from my brother. My husband loved it and he won't eat anything that didn't have parents. You may have to adjust the splenda a little or use powdered sugar if you don't like splenda but that adds more calories. Prep time includes refridgeration.
- 13 1⁄3 ounces firm silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute, powder (or powdered sugar)
- To powder splenda, put in blender for about a minute. (or use powdered sugar).
- Combine all ingredients, with an electric mixture in a large bowl.
- Mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Place in small serving dishes.
- Chill for several hours before serving.
I made this with Splenda (so my mother-in-law, who is diabetic, could have some), grinding it in my 4-cup mini food processor, then added the rest of the ingredients. It was definitely chocolatey and coffee-ish. I mostly make fat free sugar free jell-o instant pudding for quick pudding-type desserts, so this was a bit of a change, and it was just okay for us. I'm glad I tried it, but I think we prefer tofu in savory dishes.
excellent excellent! I loved this recipe! I always keep some tofu on hand for one thing or another. It's very versatile, this recipe let me utilize my tofu for a yummy chocolate dessert! Thanks for sharing.
Yes, this does satisfy the sweet tooth very well. I have tried this once and liked it. I did use sugar and not Splenda.