Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another great cake which is low in fat and calories when made with tofu.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 ounces light cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 4 ounces firm silken tofu, drained
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries, halved
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate, chopped
- Butter a 9" pan or bundt pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- In bowl beat butter, cream cheese and sugars.
- Add eggs and whites one at a time, beat 2 minutes.
- Whip tofu and milk in blender till smooth.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with flour, beating only till smooth after each addition.
- Stir in orange zest, vanilla, cranberries and chocolate.
- Pour into pan and bake at 350 degrees, 50-60 minutes, till tester comes out clean.
- Turn out on baking rack to cool.