Recipe by DhiviK
I personally think that the Mori Nu Silken (Firm) tofu works beautifully for this recipe. Its Vegan and Gluten Free and is a real treat for those wanting Vegan desserts. For an intense chocolate flavour you can increase the chocolate chips to 3/4 cup but 2/3 cup works best for us. You can see more step wise photos in this link - http://chefinyou.com/2011/03/tofu-chocolate-pudding/
Top Review by Lalaloula
This is such a great recipe! Very easy and quick to make (even with the chill time) and sooo tasty! The texture is thicker than regular pudding, but we enjoyed that a lot. The chocolate flavour is perfect and this really doesnt need anything else. I think for non-vegans white and milk chocolate versions would be awesome, too. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, DhiviK!
Made and reviewed for the Romantic Photo Event February 2012.
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) packet Mori-Nu firm tofu, drained (or use regular silken tofu)
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the water and chocolate chips on top of a double boiler.
- Stir to melt it until smooth. Set aside.
- Blend the Tofu to puree it until its smooth and lump free.
- Add the melted chocolate to it and blend it once again to combine it well.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Refrigerate this for at least 2 hours. The longer you keep it, better for the tofu and chocolate to mingle. It will thicken.
- You can pipe them into serving bowls/ramekins and serve them plain or with raspberries.