Recipe by briosgaid
With the name of "tofucheesecake" I figured I would post the recipe that inspired me to take that title. It's not called a cheesecake, but it has that consistency. Depending on the size of your pie pan, you may or may not need the extra crust. The last time I made this, I came out with enough filling for 1 3/4 crusts. You can also pour it into cups and make puddings. I got the recipe from a tofu cooking class, but I have seen similar variations elsewhere. Cook time includes setting time in refrigerator.
- 1 -2 graham cracker pie crust (or equivalent crumbs)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 (12 ounce) cartons soft silken tofu (the softest kind, about 24 oz, I use Mori Nu)
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons honey
- vanilla (optional)
- chocolate flavoring
- raspberry flavoring (the kind you put in coffee, to taste, if you would like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make crust if needed by crushing graham crackers until fine and adding sugar and butter.
- Press into a 9" pie pan and bake at 350F for 10 minutes. (This makes 1 crust).
- Process tofu in blender or cuisinart until completely smooth (if you use a blender this may need to be done in more than one batch).
- Melt chocolate chips. Add to tofu along with honey and flavourings. Pour into crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until completely firm.
- It can also be frozen, if you like.