Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is lower in fat and calories.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces firm silken tofu, drained
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- Lightly butter 8" square pan.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time beating 2 minutes with electric mixer on high speed.
- Add flavorings.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- In blender, whip tofu and milk till smooth.
- Add flour mixture alternately with tofu to egg mixture, beating only till smooth after each addition.
- Turn into pan and bake 350 for 35-45 minutes, till tester comes out clean.
- Turn out onto rack and cool.