Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is an interesting recipe that I received in an email today from the www.sparkrecipes.com website. "Submitted by MEHICKS - I know, chocolate cake and tofu, together?! It's sooo tasty, and a much healthier way to eat cake!"
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box Betty Crocker Super Moist chocolate cake mix
- 1 (300 g) package soft tofu, well drained
- 1⁄4 cup water
- With a food processor or blender, mix cake mix and tofu together.
- Once mixed, add 1/4 cup water and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into baking dish and cook according to the directions on the cake mix box, depending what type of dish you use. Sometimes I make cupcakes, sometimes I make a cake and cut it into squares.
- DO NOT add the oil/egg/whatever else the cake mix box says you need - the tofu takes the place of all of these!
Best Cake Ever! I used an organic cake mix and made cupcakes. My husband said it was the best cake he has ever had! Thank you for this recipe!
Awesome! I made cupcakes with the recipe and they came out moist and delicious. The batter was good too. I had some silken tofu left from the package so I made a chocolate cream cheese tofu frosting that really complimented the cupcakes. Thanks for posting!
Its great! The cake tastes just as if it were made with eggs and oil, but its not!