Recipe by julielenore
These are low cal, low fat and easy to prepare, and best of all no chickens were harmed!
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip or 1⁄4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder (I use vegan)
Directions See How It's Made
- freeze the tofu for at least 24 hours, this will give it a "meatier" texture.
- let tofu defrost and then press for 10-20 minutes, by placing a plate on top and some heavy books on top of that.
- Cut into burger or finger shapes.
- Place mayonnaise on plate and dredge the tofu in it. Sprinkle on both sides with the seasoning salt.
- Put the rest of the ingredients on a plate and mix and then dredge the tofu in that.
- Coat a heavy pan with 2 tbsp oil and fry for 10 minutes, covered, turning every few minutes.
- Serve on a bun with toppings or dip in sauce.
- For Vegan use the vegan mayo of course. For vegetarian/vegan be sure to use vegetarian chicken flavored bouillon cubes as suggested.