The heart healthy goodness of soy married comfort food and produced this yummy version of a classic dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken soup base, Better than Boullion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1Dice tofu inot 1/2 inch chunks.
- 2Saute in oil for about 3 minutes. Add soy sauce, thyme, sage and poultry seasoning. Cook together about 3 minutes.
- 3Empty into bowl and set bowl aside.
- 4Dice onion. Add onion to frying pan along with 1 T olive oil.
- 5Dice stalk of celery and add to onion. Saute together until the onion turns translucent.
- 6Add garlic to cooking onion and celery. Add the tofu to the onion and celery.
- 7Shred carrots and add to the mix.
- 8Add water and boullion to mix. Return to simmer.
- 9Add rice. Let simmer until rice is tender (about 25 minutes) stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.6
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 303.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 13.8 g