Recipe by Johnney
I call it to-fool cuz ya cant tell the difference.
Top Review by Jan Waters
I made your recipe for my niece's birthday, she's a vegetarian. It wasn't a hit with the others in our family, but she really enjoyed the cake with fresh blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 ounces whole wheat honey graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons gelatin or 2 tablespoons agar-agar
- 1 lb soft tofu
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon candied ginger, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan plate with margarine.
- In a food processor, or by hand, crumble the grham crackers, add olive oil and work to a fine crumb.
- Press the cracker mixture onto the bottom of the pie plate or spring form pan until the surface is smooth and even.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Heat the pineapple juice to a near boil.
- Stir in the gelatin or agar-agar gradually and simmer until it is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the other ingredients with pineapple juice mixture and blend for a minutes.
- Pour into the baked crust.
- Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Top with your favorite fruit topping.
- Times not including refrigerating time.
- Note For Vegetarian version use the agar-agar since gelatin contains meat by products and is not Vegetarian unless stated as such.