1/1 Photo of Tofu Carrot Cacciatore
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A pasta-based dish with tofu, tomatoes, carrots, and other veggies. From VT May/June 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch strips
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 2 (453.59 g) package baby carrots, halved diagonally
- 226.79 g package italian flavored baked tofu, cubed
- 14.79 ml dried sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 340.19 g linguine or 340.19 g other pastas
- 1In large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Add onions and pepper. Cook 5-7 minutes, or unti softened, stirring often.
- 3Add garlic. Cook 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- 4Stir in tomatoes, carrots, tofu, sage, and bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 5Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender (about 1 hour).
- 6Cook pasta according to package directions (you can do this while you're simmering the cacciatore.).
- 7Remove the bay leaf and serve the cacciatore over the cooked pasta.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Carrot Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 65.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: