Cook1 hr 10 mins
A pasta-based dish with tofu, tomatoes, carrots, and other veggies. From VT May/June 2006
Make and share this Tofu Carrot Cacciatore recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch strips
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 2 (453.59 g) package baby carrots, halved diagonally
- 226.79 g packageitalian flavored baked tofu, cubed
- 14.79 ml dried sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 340.19 g linguine or 340.19 g other pastas
- In large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and pepper. Cook 5-7 minutes, or unti softened, stirring often.
- Add garlic. Cook 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes, carrots, tofu, sage, and bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender (about 1 hour).
- Cook pasta according to package directions (you can do this while you're simmering the cacciatore.).
- Remove the bay leaf and serve the cacciatore over the cooked pasta.
Very unusual, and absolutely delicious. Looks fabulous too! I did not have baked tofu, much less Italian flavored baked tofu, so I baked my own. I also did not cook the carrots quite long enough, but we liked them that way. Wonderful! thank you!