- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lb firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch strips lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 1⁄2 cups green cabbage or 2 1⁄2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium skilled over medium heat. Pat tofu strips dry. Saute until light brown - about four minutes per side. After cooking tofu, add the sesame seeds and quickly toast, they burn quickly, make sure to watch them.
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl.
- Mix salad dressing ingredients, adding 2 tablespoons water. Can puree in blender for smoother texture. Pour 3/4 dressing over vegetables and toss. Toss salad with tofu strips and drizzle on remaining dressing.