Recipe by little_wing
Tasty tofu recipe I came up with when tofu was on sale and I'd bought a bunch. Even Confirmed Tofu Hater (DD) likes this. A good way to drain tofu is to swaddle it in lots of paper towels and then rest something heavy on top for at least 20 minutes to press all the water out.
Top Review by Scarletrose44
Made this tonight for a quick dish after coming home late. Lots of ingredients so can take a little longer than expected to prepare but was definitely well worth it! I changed it a little and served it over a japanese salad and it was divine! Lots of flavour - will def make it for my vegetarian friends! Thanks for sharing! :)
- 1 head napa cabbage or 1 head lettuce
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained and diced small
- 2 cups chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup carrot (chopped, sliced or shredded)
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 tablespoon tamari or 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine tofu with with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes,lime juice and 1tbs soy sauce.
- Spread evenly onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes at 350.
- When that is almost done, heat up wok or frying pan and throw in the chopped up garlic and ginger.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes until they are softer.
- Throw in the shiitakes, onions and carrots. At this time you can add more soy sauce , usually about 7 or 8 shakes. Also, if you’d like, add some more salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Cook about another 10 -12 minutes, then add the tofu and finish up the cooking - about 2-5 minutes.
- Wash and dry the lettuce/cabbage and pull off pieces about the size of your palm.
- Spoon the mixture into the leafs and roll them up!