Recipe by erniesbabies
This is a quick and delicious burrito that will please even the pickiest tofu eater!
Top Review by Aquamaryne
This was awesome!!! I could eat this a couple of times a week. It wasn't dry. I added some frozen diced bell pepper and onion. The salsa wasn't even necessary until I put it in a burrito. Wow!! You've gotta try this. It's now my favorite way to eat tofu.
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese
- 4 -6 tortillas
- sour cream
- lettuce (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- olive (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat skillet over med. heat.
- Drain and rinse black beans and add to heated skillet.
- Drain water from tofu and crumble into skillet with black beans.
- Stir in salsa and taco seasoning.
- Continue stirring and mashing until becomes a re fried bean consistency. When all mashed fold in shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Warm Tortillas in a hot dry pan just until golden brown.
- Spread tofu and a teaspoon of sour cream on tortilla.
- If desired add lettuce, tomato, and olives.
- Fold tortilla around filling and enjoy!