Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and delicious burrito that will please even the pickiest tofu eater!
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese
- 4 -6 tortillas
- sour cream
- lettuce (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- olive (optional)
- Heat skillet over med. heat.
- Drain and rinse black beans and add to heated skillet.
- Drain water from tofu and crumble into skillet with black beans.
- Stir in salsa and taco seasoning.
- Continue stirring and mashing until becomes a re fried bean consistency. When all mashed fold in shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Warm Tortillas in a hot dry pan just until golden brown.
- Spread tofu and a teaspoon of sour cream on tortilla.
- If desired add lettuce, tomato, and olives.
- Fold tortilla around filling and enjoy!
This was awesome!!! I could eat this a couple of times a week. It wasn't dry. I added some frozen diced bell pepper and onion. The salsa wasn't even necessary until I put it in a burrito. Wow!! You've gotta try this. It's now my favorite way to eat tofu.
Let me first off start this review by saying I hate tofu. I've tried it several times in attempt to try something new. It always tastes disgusting. This recipe sounded different from every other tofu recipe I've tired, so I went for it. Overall, the recipe was good! Even my parents who hate tofu with a passion enjoyed these burritos. I didn't tell them what was in it until after they started eating and commented on how...different it looked inside. I also had to do some tweaking to the recipe. 1/2 cup of salsa was not enough. I ended up putting in another 1/2 cup but it still wasn't enough. Because of the lack of liquid in the dish, the burritos came out a little on the dry side. Of course, I should note that I drained the tofu. Next time I won't press/drain the tofu, just rinse and see if that makes a difference. I ended up using more than 1/2 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese because I put some on top of the burritos. It added a nice little kick. I left the lettuce and tomatoes out of the mix. I might try adding them next time. Thank you for the great recipe. I will surely be trying this again!