Recipe by EMcooks
A flavorful, healthy version of burritos. I added black beans to the mix as well.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Whipped these up when my veggie son & DIL were over for supper & it was a big hit, especially with them (another recipe I shared with them, since she uses a lot of tofu)! I look forward to making this again when we have several other of our vegetarian friends over for a meal! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm tofu, crumbled or mashed
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup cut corn
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Saute the garlic and onions for 2 minute
- Add the bell pepper. Cook until the onions are soft.
- Add spices, corn and tofu.
- Mix in tomato paste, soy sauce and salt & pepper to taste.
- Fill each tortilla with 3/4 cup of filling and roll up.
- Place in oiled dish, cover with foil, and bake 20 minute at 350 degrees.
- Serve with Salsa.