Jeri Roth Lande's Note:
This is a variation of a recipe I cut out of a newspaper so long ago that it's now yellowed. Quick and easy enough for a weeknight. You can leave out the cheese if you want to make it vegan or add more if you're feeling decadent. Serve with a salad and you have dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 lbs extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 10 burritos or 10 tortillas, soft
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a large pot, saute onion in oil a couple minutes.
- 3Add mushrooms and spices and cook a couple more minutes.
- 4Then add tofu and cook another 10 minute.
- 5Drain excess liquid from the pan - this is important to get the right texture.
- 6Turn off heat and mix in soy sauce, 1 cup of the tomato sauce and the salsa.
- 7Put some tofu mix down the middle of a burrito, roll it up and put in a large casserole dish. Continue until all the tortillas and tofu have been used.
- 8Pour the rest of the tomato sauce over the rolled burritos and then sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- 9Bake for 20 minute.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Burrito Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.2
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 2021.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: