Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Veggie burgers!!! Don't need to be a vegetarian to enjoy this meal.
- Cut up 1/2 tofu block into small cubes. Then mash the tofu with your hands and place in a large bowl.
- Add oats and soy sauce. Mix together well using your hands.
- Make tofu burger patties with your hands.
- Fry in oil until golden and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve on a whole wheat bun with ketchup, lettuce, and any other burger toppings you like. Kids will love these healthy burgers.
Made these tonight and I must say I am totally thrilled! Instead of soy sauce I used about 1/2 cup teryaki marinade. Added some chopped green onion, green and yellow bell peppers, and garlic powder. Topped them off with spinach leaves, tomato and hot sauce. They are very filling! Thank you for such a wonderful recipe!
I'm so sorry about the low rating but I had such difficulty with these! They would barely stay together so I added an egg (sorry to the vegans!) Then they tasted really mealy but with no flavor. Maybe if they were "kicked up" with some flavor and you used quick oats it might be better. Thanks for the good try!!
I LOVED these! I added a few things of my own: applesauce (cinnamon if that means anything) to keep it together since it kept falling apart for me, and cayenne pepper for a bit of spice. Thank you for putting this up!