1/3 Photos of Tofu Buffalo Wings
1 hr 10 mins
Derived from Robbie Rice's "Hooter's Buffalo Wings". I've been a vegetarian since my early teens, but to this day I still miss BBQ chicken and wings. Well, no longer!
My Private Note
4 oz. s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain the tofu, and then remove excess moisture by cutting it in half lengthwise and microwaving on high, uncovered, for two minutes. Gently squeeze out and wipe off excess moisture, then throw tofu in the freezer for one or two hours before removing to thaw in the fridge -- this will give the tofu a slightly heavier texture.
- 2Cut tofu into bite-sized pieces and place in a lidded, flat-bottomed dish to marinade. Combine hot sauce, barbecue sauce, black pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Pour half this mixture over the tofu; reserve the other half for later.
- 3Let tofu sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Drain any excess marinade from tofu into reserved bowl of sauce. Combine flour, salt, cayenne and paprika in a bowl. Coat tofu with flour mixture.
- 4Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Fry tofu (in batches, if need be) until all sides are golden brown and oil has cooked out. Add remaining sauce mixture to pan, stirring until tofu is well-coated. Serve with ranch or bleu cheese dressing for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Buffalo Wings
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.4
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 950.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 10.3 g