Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- Take tofu out of package & drain.
- cut tofu into bite size pieces.
- heat sesame oil in wok over medium high heat.
- when hot put in tofu. toss occasionally, after 4 minutes put broccoli into wok and toss. When tofu is light brown on all sides (about 10 minutes more) add teriyaki sauce and lower heat to medium. Toss gently for 2 minutes.
- put tofu & broccoli into a serving bowl.
Very easy to make - great for a tofu novice such as myself.
I thought this recipe was really quick and simple. The times were pretty accurate - from the moment I entered my kitchen to sitting at the table eating, it was about 35 minutes. I thought 1 cup of broccoli was not nearly enough and added between 3-4 cups instead. I also garnished the dish with sesame seeds (though I did that after I took the photos). Thanks for posting.
Yummy! This is one of my favorite ways to eat tofu. I generally add a shredded carrot. Gives a delicious added flavor and dimension. One note also, be sure to squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the tofu or the teriyaki sauce will be diluted. Thanks for posting. Made for My 3 Chef '08