Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't tried these yet, they are from the oprah website.
- 16 ounces firm tofu, 1 block
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thin (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup green onions, sliced or 1⁄2 cup onion
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 4 corn tortillas or 4 flour tortillas
- Drain the tofu and crumble it, using clean hands.
- Sauté the garlic and diced pepper with the olive oil in a medium sauté pan on medium heat, for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the crumbled tofu first, then add turmeric, salt, pepper, green onions (scallions, chives or onions) and soy sauce.
- Cook the tofu for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with salsa and warm corn tortillas.