Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my favorite lunch items. I make a large pot of this on sunday and eat it for lunch throughout the week. I like to use whatever fresh vegetables that I have on hand or from the garden. The tofu and lentils add protein and staying power.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 16 ounces tofu, cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup lentils, dry
- 3 cups vegetables, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- Combine all ingredients in a large soup pan and heat over medium heat.
- stir frequently and simmer for 1 hour. Add more water if needed.
- divide into 5 tupperwear bowls and enjoy for lunch!
this is ok - just a little bland (although that may be my fault because i have no idea what herbes de provence are...so i omitted that) - i had to keep adding lots of water too (more than 2 whole cups more), and mine was cooked in less than 45 minutes (more accurately-overcooked). should the lid be on the pot while this is cooking? i did put some vegetaqble broth in place of some of the additional water i had to add, i think that helped the flavor a bit as well. ***** UPDATE ***** MUCH BETTER WHEN YOU ADD A LITTLE CHEDDAR CHEESE ON TOP *****