Recipe by dicentra
Cooking Light 2003. These are really an appetizer, but I would serve them (to just me and DD!) as a main dish.
Top Review by Greeny4444
I have never made tofu anything before, so I thought I'd start off simple. This was a good recipe, and pretty easy. I made the cubes, and added them to a veggie-noodle stir fry that I also made that evening. My tofu didn't get browned as well as the picture, but it did soak up the soy sauce flavor, and the texture was pretty good too. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb extrafirm reduced-fat water-packed tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tofu on several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Cover tofu with additional paper towels, and let stand 5 minutes, pressing occasionally.
- Heat oils in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu; sauté 7 minutes or until browned.
- Place in a bowl. Drizzle with soy sauce and vinegar; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.