Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
It is very light and refreshing. it's really not a cheesecake, since it's based with Tofu, but it is a great alternative!
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat margarine
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 6 cups bran flakes (or other high fiber cereal)
For the filling
- 1 1⁄4 cups tofu
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 (6 ounce) envelope gelatin powder
- 4 tablespoons apple juice
For the topping
- 1 3⁄4 cups fresh summer berries (strawberries, raspberries, red currants, blackberries) or 1 3⁄4 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- For the shell place the margarine and apple juice in a pan and heat gently until th margarine has melted. Crush the cereal and stir into the pan.
- Transfer into a 9 inch round tart pan and press down firmly. Let set.
- For the filling, place the tofu and yogurt in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Dissolve the gelatin in the apple juice and stir the juice immediately into the tofu mixture.
- Spread the tofu mixture evenly over the chilled shell. Place in the fridge until filling has set.
- Remove the tart pan and place the cheesecake on a serving plate.
- Arrange the fruits over the top. Melt the red currant jelly with 2 tablespoons hot water. Let it cool and then spoon it over the fruit to serve.