Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this smoothy for breakfast. It's yummy, sweet and filling. The serving size on my container of tofu was 1/5 of the block. I looked up serving sizes and found that a serving of tofu is 1/4 cup. I usually just cut the block into 5 parts without measuring.
- If you remember, you may wish to peel and freeze your banana the night before. I rarely remember tho.
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Drink and enjoy.
- This is also good with 1/2 cup OJ and 1/2 cup cranberry juice.
- Use the wheat germ with honey for extra sweetness.
- Some yogurt (about 1/2 cup) of your favorite flavor (I like blueberry) is a nice addition.
This was, interesting. Lol! I'm still trying to get used to it. This is my first real introduction to tofu and wheat germ. In the past I have never been a fan of tofu (for its texture), but thought because I was blending it, this might work. I used 1/4 of a block of soft tofu (couldn't figure out how to cut it into equal fifths) and I guess it looked about equal to 1/4 cup. I used sliced frozen organic banana, OJ with calcium, and since my wheat germ didn't have honey, I used 1 tsp honey. The balance of flavors was really good. The longer I sip this, the better I like it. :) I will probably make this again. I am intrigued by the addition of cranberry juice and may try that next time. Thank you for sharing this simple, healthy recipe Ilysse. This was a nice late afternoon snack on a very hot day. :) Made for My-3-Chefs June 2008, for my theme "Non-Dairy".