Recipe by Ilysse
I love this smoothy for breakfast. It's yummy, sweet and filling. The serving size on my container of tofu was 1/5 of the block. I looked up serving sizes and found that a serving of tofu is 1/4 cup. I usually just cut the block into 5 parts without measuring.
Top Review by blancpage
This was, interesting. Lol! I'm still trying to get used to it. This is my first real introduction to tofu and wheat germ. In the past I have never been a fan of tofu (for its texture), but thought because I was blending it, this might work. I used 1/4 of a block of soft tofu (couldn't figure out how to cut it into equal fifths) and I guess it looked about equal to 1/4 cup. I used sliced frozen organic banana, OJ with calcium, and since my wheat germ didn't have honey, I used 1 tsp honey. The balance of flavors was really good. The longer I sip this, the better I like it. :) I will probably make this again. I am intrigued by the addition of cranberry juice and may try that next time. Thank you for sharing this simple, healthy recipe Ilysse. This was a nice late afternoon snack on a very hot day. :) Made for My-3-Chefs June 2008, for my theme "Non-Dairy".
Directions See How It's Made
- If you remember, you may wish to peel and freeze your banana the night before. I rarely remember tho.
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Drink and enjoy.
- This is also good with 1/2 cup OJ and 1/2 cup cranberry juice.
- Use the wheat germ with honey for extra sweetness.
- Some yogurt (about 1/2 cup) of your favorite flavor (I like blueberry) is a nice addition.