Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great for BBQ's and summer parties. Cooking time includes marinating time.
Make and share this Tofu & Aubergine (Eggplant) Kebabs recipe from Food.com.
- 4 small wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for 30 mins
- 1 medium aubergine, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 220 g smoked tofu
- Preheat the grill, or barbecue and line the grill rack with tin-foil.
- Place the aubergine, peppers and tofu into a shallow dish, then mix the oil, garlic, ginger and soy sauce together and pour over them. Leave covered for 30 mins, occasionally turning the vegetable in the marinade.
- Thread the vegetables onto the skewers with the tofu. Grill on a medium heat for 5-8 minutes, or barbecue until the aubergine is softened. Brush occasionally with any remaining marinade and turn.
- To serve:.
- Combine with cinnamon and coriander flavoured couscous and a tossed green salad to serve.