Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the Gazette 01/06/1991 I adopted this recipe on 6/19/06. Poor misunderstood tofu.
- Cut the tofu in slices and place them side by side in a shallow oven-proof dish.
- In a small bowl combine ginger, oil and tamari.
- Pour over the tofu.
- Let marinate overnight [for beginning tofu makers] or 3 hours for those who adore tofu straight.
- The longer the tofu soaks, the more it will taste like what it is soaking in (marinade). Tofu takes time to learn to like for most western tastes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
This was really good and easy too. My DH loved it and it is going on the "keeper" list. Thanks for posting it !
I really don't care for Tofu but this was delicioso! My friend is mostly vegetarian so I am always looking for new tofu/tempeh recipes. I used extra firm Tofu and added 1/2 tsp of sesame oil. The tofu was served with scrambled eggs with olives & pan fried potatoes and British Scones. Excellent