Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Cooking Light with modifications. Press your waterpacked tofu. Asceptic if you choose to try it in this does not need pressed nor does it brown.
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups red bell peppers, strips
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced asparagus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 1⁄3 ounces water packed firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Dressing: Combine ingredients in small bowl. Whisk. Set aside.
- Stir Fry:.
- Prep: Wash the Qunioa very well. Make sure the water coming off it does NOT look soapy.
- Press the tofu.
- Boil water in small pan. Stir in quinoa, cover reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Remove. Let stand still covered for 10 more minutes. fluff with fork.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and stir fry 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper, mushrooms, asparagus, salt, and tofu; stir fry 3 minutes. [note if desired brown the tofu in a pan before hand. Place some oil in pan. Add tofu and cook until golden]
- Stir in dressing. Serve over quinoa, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Next time I'd cook the tofu before adding the veggies and cook the Quinoa according to package instructions.
Delicious! Very quick and easy and perfect for a weeknight meal. The dreessing is great. Only change I made was to cook the veggies in water instead of oil. I also baked the tofu before adding it as we like the texture that way better. Thanks for posting, would make this again for sure. The leftovers were great cold the next day for lunch.