Recipe by That is Dr House to you
From Cooking Light with modifications. Press your waterpacked tofu. Asceptic if you choose to try it in this does not need pressed nor does it brown.
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups red bell peppers, strips
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced asparagus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 1⁄3 ounces water packed firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing: Combine ingredients in small bowl. Whisk. Set aside.
- Stir Fry:.
- Prep: Wash the Qunioa very well. Make sure the water coming off it does NOT look soapy.
- Press the tofu.
- Boil water in small pan. Stir in quinoa, cover reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Remove. Let stand still covered for 10 more minutes. fluff with fork.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and stir fry 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper, mushrooms, asparagus, salt, and tofu; stir fry 3 minutes. [note if desired brown the tofu in a pan before hand. Place some oil in pan. Add tofu and cook until golden]
- Stir in dressing. Serve over quinoa, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.