Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 16 ounces baked tofu, marinaded, baked, and crumbled
- 1 medium apple, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup tofu mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Cut up the apple and place into bowl.
- Add lemon juice and stir to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine.
- Serve in pita pockets.
I scaled this down to two servings for two of us. I pretty much followed the suggested baked tofu recipe, and then mashed it with a potato masher to crumble. I slightly toasted my almonds for a richer flavour, and 3/4 of the mayo made the filling moist enough. This was really good. The sweetness of the apple went really well with the tofu and the flavours from the lemon chives and parsley was great. I served mine rolled up in 2 whole wheat pitas with a leaf of lettuce. Next time I think I would use 3 pitas for a half recipe, as I found there to be a bit too much filling as I neared the end of my pita. I love the idea of this recipe! I think it would also be great on toast! Reviewed during ZWT 4.