1 hr 15 mins
Vegan creamy and savory bread pudding. Better than stuffing with all whole food ingredients.Great for thanksgiving or christmas. From christina cooks series
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 shallots, thinly sliced
- sea salt
- 10 dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated, stems removed, sliced)
- 6 ounces oyster mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 10 cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, -minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, -minced
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 loaf whole grain bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (6 cups)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup non-dairy soy cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly oil a 9 inch square glass baking dish.
- 2Place the oil and shallots and a pinch of salt in a skillet, over medium heat.Sweat the shallots.
- 3Stir in the shitake mushrooms and saute for 1 minute.
- 4Add the remaining mushrooms, season with salt and saute until they release their juices to the pan.
- 5Stir in the basil, parsley and thyme and continue cooking, stirring frequently until the mushrooms are tender and begin to brown.
- 6Remove from the heat, and set aside.
- 7Combine the tofu, symilk, in a baking powder in a food processor.
- 8Season slightly with salt and puree until smooth.
- 9Transfer to mixing bowl and fold in the bread cubes.
- 10Stir in the mushroom mixture and spoon evenly into the prepared dish.
- 11Mix the breadcrumbs and soy cheese together and sprinkle over the top of the bread pudding.
- 12Bake 50-60 minutes or until browned at the edges and set on the counter.
- 13Allow 15 minutes to set before serving.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu and Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.4
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 150.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain bread