Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, for Asian forum. From Australian Women's Weekly "Grill: Grill-pan+barbecue". Standing time and refrigeration time have not been included in times.
- 300.50 g firm silken tofu (300 g)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 medium brown onions (150 g or 5.25 oz.) or 1 medium yellow onion, chopped finely (150 g or 5.25 oz.)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.23 ml sweet paprika
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 9.85 ml ground coriander
- 1 small zucchini, grated coarsely (90 g or 3.2 oz.)
- 473.18 ml fresh breadcrumbs (140 g or 4.9 oz)
- 177.44 ml hummus (190 g or 6.7 oz)
- 59.14 ml Greek yogurt (70 g or 2.5 oz)
- 1 loaf Turkish bread ((430 g or 15 oz)
- 78.07 ml of fresh mint, coarsely choppe
- 118.29 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 30 g snow pea sprouts, trimmed (1 oz)
- Pat tofu dry with absorbent paper. Spread tofu, in single layer, on absorbent-paper-lined tray; cover with more paper, stand 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium frying pan; cook brown onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens.
- Add spices; cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Combine onion mixture in large bowl with tofu, zucchini and breadcrumbs; shape into four patties.
- Cover; referigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine hummus and yogurt in small bowl.
- Cut bread into four pieces. Split each piece in half horizontally; toast cut sides in heated oiled grill pan.
- Cook patties in same oiled grill pan until browned both sides and hot.
- Spread bread with hummus mixture; sandwich combined mint, parsley and green onion, patties and sprouts between bread pieces.
Very different than any veggie burger I've ever had. Smelled delicious while it was cooking, but I think I would add more spice next time. I enjoyed the zucchini in it. Made for Veg*n Swap 8.