blackbird darling's Note:
This recipe is usually enough to serve four people, but adding ingredients is pretty simple. (note: this topping is also good if you make the entire thing, except save the spinach to use in place of lettuce for a salad)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups pasta, of your choice (or however many you want)
- 1 (10 -15 ounce) box firm silken tofu or 1 (10 -15 ounce) box extra-firm silken tofu
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 -4 cups Italian salad dressing or 3 -4 cups sun-dried tomato dressing
- 2 cups shredded uncooked spinach
- 1this is relatively simple.
- 2after or during the cooking of your pasta, put the salad dressing and tofu in a pan.
- 3mash the tofu around a bit until you have pieces about a third of an inch in size.
- 4mix in tomatoes, onions, salt, pepper, and garlic, stirring well.
- 5when mixture is hot, add shredded spinach (note: you want the spinach to be somewhat raw when serving, not fully cooked).
- 6serve warm over pasta or rice.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu and Spinach Pasta Topping
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1121.7
- Calories from Fat 490
- Total Fat 54.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3824.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 26.3 g