Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This recipe is usually enough to serve four people, but adding ingredients is pretty simple. (note: this topping is also good if you make the entire thing, except save the spinach to use in place of lettuce for a salad)
- 6 cups pasta, of your choice (or however many you want)
- 1 (10 -15 ounce) box firm silken tofu or 1 (10 -15 ounce) box extra-firm silken tofu
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 -4 cups Italian salad dressing or 3 -4 cups sun-dried tomato dressing
- 2 cups shredded uncooked spinach
- this is relatively simple.
- after or during the cooking of your pasta, put the salad dressing and tofu in a pan.
- mash the tofu around a bit until you have pieces about a third of an inch in size.
- mix in tomatoes, onions, salt, pepper, and garlic, stirring well.
- when mixture is hot, add shredded spinach (note: you want the spinach to be somewhat raw when serving, not fully cooked).
- serve warm over pasta or rice.
The recipe was quite good and rather easy to make. Pasta tasted good, but you don't really need so much dressing.
When I found this recipy I thouht this was just what I wanted to eat for dinner. And when I realised it was so easy to make - real treat, and tastes totally delicious. Only instead of Italien or Sun-dried tomato dressing I used olive oil and some herbs (basil, oregano, parsley), and it tasted real nice. Delicious, fast, different... Thank you!