1/1 Photo of Tofu and Noodle Salad With Peanut Sauce
Hey Jude's Note:
This is just really yummy! A terrific after-work, summertime meal. I found this one in the Daily Herald and they attribute it to John Ash. I find the noodles, radish and pea shoots in my local Oriental grocery store. Prep time doesn't include marinading time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 8 ounces soba noodles or 8 ounces other thin noodles
- 6 ounces daikon radishes or 6 ounces other radishes, cut into long matchstick shapes
- 2 cups fresh pea shoots
- 1 cup carrot, cut into fine matchstick shapes
Coconut or Peanut Sauce
- 1Slice the tofu into 4 equal pieces; combine the soy sauce, mirin and ginger; marinate the tofu in this mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours, turning it occasionally; remove it from the marinade and gently wipe off any solids.
- 2Heat oven to 400°; lightly oil a baking sheet and arrange tofu on it and bake for 20-25 minutes; remove and set aside.
- 3Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, it should have the consistency of heavy cream; you can do this ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to 5 days then bring to room temperature before using.
- 4Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the soba noodles until al dente, 4 minutes or so; drain the noodles and rinse them very well with cold water; place in a bowl and toss with the radish, pea shoots and carrots along with about half of the peanut sauce, or more as you desire.
- 5Divide the mixture among 4 plates or shallow bowls and top with the pieces of tofu and drizzle with a bit more of the sauce.
- 6For Vegetarian use the water not the chicken broth.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu and Noodle Salad With Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.2
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2299.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili paste with garlic