Recipe by Rita~
Found at http://www.womens-menopause-health.com/perimenopause_symptoms.htm It can't hurt give it a try!
Top Review by Elmotoo
I doubled this & the 3 of us devoured it! I baked the tofu squares a bit so they wouldn't turn to mush in the sauce but i overdid it a bit. i really don't like soft tofu but i got it a bit too crunchy. i served this over white rice. i did add an extra can of coconut milk to have lots of sauce & am glad i did. this is delicious & spiced just right! Thank you, Rita! Made for veggie tag 6/11.
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole green cardamom pods
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cup peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 teaspoon vegetable oil in pan.
- Add onion and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic, ginger, jalapeno, turmeric and curry powder, cook for 2 minutes, then add coconut milk, spices, cilantro, and salt.
- Lower heat and simmer.
- Cut drained, pressed tofu into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Add gently to sauce and continue simmering until tofu is heated through.
- Add peas and cook until peas are heated through.
- Served over rice with yogurt and chutney.