Chef #tinlou72's Note:
Tofu and Egg with mushrooms, garlic and ginger in a stir fry sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare sauce with soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil with a bit of the garlic and ginger.
- 2In a hot pan add the oil.
- 3Stir fry most of the garlic and ginger (saving a little for the sauce) for about 10 seconds.
- 4Add tofu and stir gently for about 1 minute.
- 5Make a space in the middle of pan and drop one egg in and mix enough to break the yolk and let cook for about 30 seconds before stirring gently into the tofu.
- 6Add mushrooms and genly stir into egg and tofu for about 30 seconds.
- 7Add Sauce mixture and gently stir fry for about 1 minute.
- 8Remove to serving dish.
- 9Serve with white Jasmine rice.
- 10PS: To thicken sauce add 1 tablespoon corn starch (dissolved in water) to warm sauce and stir for about 30 seconds before removing to serving dish.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu and Egg
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.3
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 3049.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 17.3 g