Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tofu and Egg with mushrooms, garlic and ginger in a stir fry sauce.
Make and share this Tofu and Egg recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces firm tofu (cubed)
- 1 egg
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
- 1 cup mushroom (cut)
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Prepare sauce with soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil with a bit of the garlic and ginger.
- In a hot pan add the oil.
- Stir fry most of the garlic and ginger (saving a little for the sauce) for about 10 seconds.
- Add tofu and stir gently for about 1 minute.
- Make a space in the middle of pan and drop one egg in and mix enough to break the yolk and let cook for about 30 seconds before stirring gently into the tofu.
- Add mushrooms and genly stir into egg and tofu for about 30 seconds.
- Add Sauce mixture and gently stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Remove to serving dish.
- Serve with white Jasmine rice.
- PS: To thicken sauce add 1 tablespoon corn starch (dissolved in water) to warm sauce and stir for about 30 seconds before removing to serving dish.