1/2 Photos of Tofu and Broccoli with Peanut Sauce
Carol Bullock's Note:
The combination of ingredients in this recipe I have to say is perfect. Really delicious and nutritious. This is a Mollie Katzen recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unprocessed peanut butter
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2In a small saucepan, whisk together the peanut butter and hot water until uniform in consistency.
- 3Whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- 4Set aside.
- 6Cut off the bottom half-inch of the broccoli stems.
- 7Shave off the tough outer skins of the stalks with a sharp paring knife or a vegetable peeler.
- 8Cut the stalks diagonally into thin slices.
- 9Coarsely chop the flowerettes.
- 10Set aside.
- 11Begin heating the large skillet.
- 12When it is hot add 1 tbsp of the oil.
- 13Add half the garlic.
- 14Salt lightly.
- 15Sauté over medium heat for 1 minute, then add the tofu chunks.
- 16Turn the heat up a little, and stir-fry the tofu for 5-8 minutes.
- 17Transfer it, including whatever liquid it might have expressed, to the saucepanful of peanut sauce.
- 18Mix together gently.
- 19Wipe the skillet with a paper towel, and return it to the stove to begin heating once again.
- 20Add the remaining garlic.
- 21Salt lightly.
- 22Add the onions, and some black pepper.
- 23Sauté, stirring frequently, over medium heat, until the onions are soft.
- 24On another burner, begin heating the peanut-tofu sauce on a low heat.
- 25It shouldn't actually cook-it only needs to be warmed through.
- 26Add the broccoli and the chopped peanuts to the skillet.
- 27Add 2-3 tbsp tamari and stir-fry over medium-high heat until the broccoli is bright green and just tender.
- 28Pour the heated peanut sauce over the sauté.
- 29Toss everything gently until everything is coated with everything else.
- 30Serve over long-grained white or brown rice (basmati is good).
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu and Broccoli with Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.8
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 900.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 21.0 g